For Those Screaming For Headley

Brendan25

I'm just wondering for all of these posters, what do you think we would have to send to get him?

I'm just wondering if you think that the asking price is much less then what it really is to get him, or if you are really willing to give what they are going to want.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just wondering for all of these posters, what do you think we would have to send to get him?

I'm just wondering if you think that the asking price is much less then what it really is to get him, or if you are really willing to give what they are going to want.

A couple of months ago it was only going to take Arietta and Matusz.....It will take a lot more then that now. I think DD may be kicking himself that he didn't do that trade

A couple of months ago it was only going to take Arietta and Matusz.....It will take a lot more then that now. I think DD may be kicking himself that he didn't do that trade

I've been thinking about this as well; the way Headley finished the season, he would have been an amazing pickup.

The fact that Matusz peformed so well the last couple months takes a little of the sting away, but not much. And Arrietta provided little to no value during that time. I guess the jury is still out on both, but right now, hurts we didn't make that deal.

Of course I'm not sure we ever got confirmation of what else would have been in that deal, so hard to speculate anyway...

And you are sure that that is what it would take to get him because of which piece of information....?

As far as Matusz goes, the kid went down and now has his head together IMO. Translation: Glad we still have BMat. Arietta did a decent job in relief also. Translation: You don't make that trade. In summary we are set at 3B and SS for the foreseeable future. No trades including Manny.

Doubtful.

Reliever Matusz and 3B Machado definitely won us a lot of games down the stretch.

I Agree but I think out team would have been better going forward with Headly at 3B and Machado at SS.......Head> 2 inconsistent starters. For a bat like headly you figure aout a way to have him on your team.

Eh, I've wanted him, but always with the caveat that he needed to come at a reasonable price. Machado included isn't a price I'm willing to pay. Same with Bundy. I'm open to a combination of just about anything else, though. Would I trade Schoop, Matusz, and Arrieta for him? I'd have a lot of thinking to do on that one.

Look, guys with a WAR of 6-7 don't fall from the sky. There's no doubt he would help this team immensely, even if guys had to move over to accommodate him. But if they want a prohibitive amount for him, considering he's approaching free agency, I'm content passing on him.

DD was on the Norris and Davis show this morning and said it is safe to say that they have the left side of their infield set for the next couple of years. So don't expect a Headly or Wright trade.

I'm fine with him feeling that way as well. Machado's going to be a star, and Hardy's defense is stellar. That still leaves second base as a hole without a particularly satisfying peg to fill it right now.

I Agree but I think out team would have been better going forward with Headly at 3B and Machado at SS.......Head> 2 inconsistent starters. For a bat like headly you figure aout a way to have him on your team.

You still haven't answered why you have the feeling that Matusz & Arrieta would of been enough to get it done.

You still haven't answered why you have the feeling that Matusz & Arrieta would of been enough to get it done.

It was widely reported that we could have Arrietta and Matuzs + 1 MiL was the price. No I am not the GM so I have no inside knowledge besides what I read on this board and other news outlets and no I am not going to search for stories from 4 months ago. It looks like you frequent this boad a lot....did you miss those stories?

It was widely reported that we could have Arrietta and Matuzs + 1 MiL was the price. No I am not the GM so I have no inside knowledge besides what I read on this board and other news outlets and no I am not going to search for stories from 4 months ago. It looks like you frequent this boad a lot....did you miss those stories?

The problem is the +1 MiL.

It wasn't Dana Eveland minor league player. It was Nick Delmonico or Schoop. It was a high regarded minor league player. Alot of people look at what you just said, which is true, and they think it was Arrieta + Matusz + a low end minor league guy. It wasn't.

Archived